Friday, November 4, 2011

A farewell for now

It’s November, which means two things: 1) I’ve been swamped for the past month and a half on election coverage and 2) this blog is almost five months old.

I was planning on doing an article at this time about the first thing, and discuss the time when in kindergarten I believed that my vote for George Bush Sr. would be counted in the event of a tie for the adults election (I don’t think it was close enough that they had to come down to it), but sadly, today’s is actually a farewell, at least for a while.

The past few months have been excellent. I’ve had a chance to get some creative writing done, have fun and reminisce on a time long past. It’s been especially cathartic having the chance to do this as I turned a quarter century.

But things have changed and as I became busier, I found things beginning to fall off. Last week I missed two Goosebumps month updates, which I cannot apologize about enough, but after that, and falling behind on some other articles here and there (like the 5 for Fridays, which disappeared when I became busy in the fall), I feel like I cannot continue to keep up with the schedule.

So, as is the tradition with this blog, I need to take a minute to apologize -- and this time it’s to those who have been reading. Words cannot express how much I have appreciated those of you who have been reading it, and the positive feedback I’ve received. But for now, I need to focus on some other things. I hope to bring it back, and sometime soon, but until then I can only leave you with apologies and a hope for what’s to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment